Aussie expat Terri-Anne Leske shares her quick and easy recipe for healthy fried brown rice, also featured in her latest recipe book, Carrotsticks and Cravings. (P.S. She shares even more recipes here!)
Ingredients (serves 4):
6 spring onions
1 red chilli
3 cloves crushed garlic
1 head broccoli
2 cups cooked brown rice (or mixed brown and wild rice)
2-3 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp water
Sea salt and cracked pepper
4 large kale leaves
¼ cup roasted sesame seeds
Torn coriander and chopped chilli to serve
1. Dice spring onions and chilli and saute in a pan with crushed garlic until spring onions are soft.
2. Chop broccoli into small pieces and add to the pan with cooked rice, tamari and water.
3. Cover with lid for 1 minute until broccoli is bright green.
4. Add the broccoli, along with chopped kale with stems removed, to the rice.
5. Whisk eggs with salt and pepper and cook in a separate pan with a little EVOO like an omlette. Once cooked, chop the egg and mix through the rice.
6. Serve rice topped with roasted sesame seeds and torn coriander and fresh chilli.