Aussie expat Terri-Anne Leske shares her quick and easy recipe for a healthy Thai beef salad, also featured in her latest recipe book, Carrotsticks and Cravings. (P.S. She shares even more recipes here!)
2 porterhouse or striploin steaks
1 red chilli
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup tamari or reduced salt soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
Big handful of rocket leaves
Big handful of spinach leaves
15 cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
3 spring onions
1 red bell pepper
Handful snow peas
2 tbsp basil
2 tbsp mint
2 tbsp coriander
1/4 cup toasted and lightly salted peanuts
1 tsp soy
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Mix soy, sesame oil, crushed garlic, 1/2 chopped red chilli in a small bowl and add beef. Marinate in the fridge for a minimum of four hours.
2. Wash and chop all vegetables into strips. Chop herbs. Mix vegetables and herbs together in a large salad bowl.
3. In a glass jar with a lid, mix the remainder of chopped ½ red chilli, lemon juice, soy and sesame together and shake well.
4. Grill steaks on a hot BBQ or in a grill pan for 5-6 minutes each side for medium. Let steaks rest and then cut into strips.
5. Toss dressing through the salad and top with sliced steaks and peanuts.